Pitru Paksha 2022: What To Do During Shradh Rituals And What Should Be Avoided?
To express gratitude to departed souls, especially departed parents, the Shradh ritual is performed with faith and sincerity.
In western and southern India, the Hindu community observes the Pitru Paksha period, also called ancestors’ fortnight. It begins in Bhadrapada and ends fortnightly after Ganesh Utsav and lasts for 16 days. This year, Pitru Paksha 2022 honors Hindus’ ancestors, or Pitas.
In order to express gratitude to the departed souls, especially to one’s deceased parents, the ritual is known as Shradh, which is performed with faith and sincerity. The community’s Shradh custom is considered unlucky because death rites are carried out during the celebration. On September 10, Saturday, and on September 25, Sunday, Pitru Paksha 2022 will be celebrated.
Also Read: Daily Horoscope 11 Aug 2022 for All Zodiac Signs – Know how your Rakhi festival will go.
Pitru Paksha 2022 is a celebration of great significance that comes with many customs and dos, so it is essential to be aware of these before observing the celebration’s various customs.
Pitru Paksha 2022: Dos
- You should be cooperative and calm during Pitru Pandharwada since it is time for repentance.
- The poor and animals must be provided with food.
- Ask a priest for guidance before performing the Shradh ritual about the appropriate time and place.
- It is customary for the eldest son to perform the ritual wearing a dhoti and remaining bare chested. It can also be performed by the younger son or grandson or wife in the absence of the elder son.
- Crows, considered messengers of Yama, the God of Death, are offered rice and sesame seeds as Pind Daan.
Pitru Paksha 2022: Don’ts
- Consume no alcohol, non-vegetarian food, black salt, jeera, chana, garlic, or onions.
- Whenever possible, stay away from luxurious items.
- No auspicious occasion should be organized.
- You should avoid using iron objects
- This time period is ideal for using silver or brass vessels.
Also Read: Daily Horoscope 10.08.2022 –Lucky day for Taurus and Gemini but Cancer people should invest money wisely