To ensure social security for their families and nominees, the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) announced in March 2022 the e-nomination process for Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) account holders. EPSFO’s official website at epfindia.gov.in allows members to submit their e-nominations online via Universal Account Number (UAN).
The EPFO e-nomination process requires only self-declaration. Neither physical documents nor approvals are required while filing or revising the nomination. In fact, necessary changes can be made directly through the EPFO website.
No deadline has been set for e-nominations and advance claims are not mandatory.
It is necessary to file EPFO e-nomination to check Provident Fund (PF) account balance, pension (EPS), and Employees’ Deposit-Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI) up to Rs 7,00,000 for qualified family members. Nominees can also settle claims online, in a paperless and faster way.
Here Are The Steps You Need To Take To File An Epfo E-Nomination Online Via Your UAN
To get more information, visit epfindia.gov.in, the official EPFO website
You can access this service by clicking on the ‘services’ tab on the homepage and selecting ‘for employees’ in the drop-down menu
- To access Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP), click on the following link
- Use the EPFO UAN credentials and password to log in
- Go to the ‘manage’ tab and select ‘e-nomination’
- Click on the ‘Provide Details’ tab before clicking ‘Save’
- You can update your family declaration by clicking on ‘yes’
- Declare the total amount of shares by clicking on ‘Nomination Details’
- To save EPF/EDLI nominations, click on the ‘Save’ button
- Then click on ‘E-sign’ to generate an OTP. Use your Aadhaar-linked mobile number to submit the OTP received
- E-nomination of your EPFO membership will be completed
How Does EPF Work?
According to the Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952, EPFs are mandatory savings schemes. Employees and employers both contribute equally to the scheme each month. Organizations employing at least 20 people are covered by the scheme.