Ganesh Chaturthi 2022: All About Lord Ganesha’s 7 Avatars
Ganesh Chaturthi 2022: Let's rewind and take a look at all the seven different avatars of Lord Ganesha and what they symbolize.
Ganesh Chaturthi 2022: We are just a 1 day away from the 10-day celebrated festival of Ganesh Chaturthi. All across the country, this auspicious day is celebrated with great pomp. Known as Vighnaharta, the one who removes obstacles, Ganesh Chaturthi celebrates the birth anniversary of Elephant God, the most adored God in Hinduism.
Ganesha has been regarded as the lord of wisdom, prosperity, and good fortune in Hinduism for thousands of years. Let’s review the 7 different avatars of Lord Ganesha as we celebrate this auspicious day.
Also Read: Ganesh Chaturthi: Find Out When And From Which Gate One Can Enter Siddhivinayak Temple
Ganesh Chaturthi 2022: Find Out More About Lord Ganesha’s 7 Avatars
- Vakratunda:Vakratunda is Lord Ganesha’s first avatar. He defeats Matsara by using his power and restores the lost glory of the gods’ kingdoms of the three worlds.
- Ekdanta: The second avatar of Lord Ganesha is known as Ekdanta. The word Eka means maya, and the word Danta means truth. Supreme truth is revealed in Bappa’s second avatar. When Lord Ganesh stopped Parashuram from meeting Shiva, he got angry and broke his tooth as per Hindu mythology.
- Gajanan: The word Gajanan, which means elephant head, refers to Ganesha. Gaj means elephant in Hindu mythology, while Anan means face. In this avatar, Lord Ganesha fought greed in the world, according to legend.
- Lambodara:This is Lord Ganesha’s avatar after he battled Krodhasura. Historically, Krodhasura was considered a demon of anger. In order to save the world from this demon’s anger, Bapa wanted to relive the world from this demon.
- Vighnaraj:One of the most popular avatars of Lord Ganesha. The word Vighn means obstacles, and Bappa protects us from these obstacles in this avatar.
- Krishnapingaksha: This signifies a dark complexion, a smoky complexion, and dark eyes. Symbolically, it embodies Lord Ganesha, who can see through earth and clouds.
- Mahodara:As Lord Ganesha’s third avatar, Mahodara represents forgiveness for sins. He sent Mohasura to Paatal Lok for all his sins, as per Hindu mythology. Mahodara faced Mohasura and forgave him for all his sins.
Also Read: Ganesh Sthapana 2022: Know the complete method and auspicious date for establishing Vighnaharta on Ganesh Chaturthi