Check out some amazing facts about Queen Elizabeth II
Queen Elizabeth II provides support to the people of the British Isles and is regarded as a prominent figure. The following are some fun facts about the queen you should know.
Known as the Queen of the UK and 14 other Commonwealth realms, Elizabeth Alexandra Mary was born on 21st April 1926 in Mayfair, London. In British history, no monarch has ruled longer than the Queen, who is admired and respected worldwide. There is no doubt that Queen Elizabeth II has devoted herself to our nation with great sense of duty. Even though she has been in the public eye most of her life, there are so many things we still don’t know about her. The following are some interesting facts about Queen Elizabeth II that you might find interesting.
Interesting facts about Queen Elizabeth II
- Have you ever owned a corgi? You might also be interested in knowing that the queen loves corgis as well. In her lifetime, she has owned more than 30 corgis.
- Queen Elizabeth’s birthplace is now a top-rated restaurant. She grew up at 17 Bruton Street, and there is now a world-famous Cantonese restaurant called Hakkasan there.
- Queen Elizabeth is known for her devotion to the public, so it shouldn’t surprise you that she devotes her life to public service on her 21st birthday.
- A British passport is issued in the name of the Queen, which means she doesn’t need a passport, a license plate, or a driving license to travel.
- Her opening of a session of Canada’s Parliament in 1957 made her the first sovereign to do so.
- Have you ever wondered where the elegant wedding dress of the Queen came from? Apparently, her majesty purchased her wedding dress material using ration coupons. It took around six months to make the dress, but don’t be shocked because it was elegant. Ivory silk and imported seed pearls decorated the dress.
- The first horse she ever owned was named Peggy and was a gift from King George V.
- You may not be aware of this, but Queen Elizabeth II married her cousin. The Queen of England and Prince Philip were third cousins.
- Prince Philip proposed to Elizabeth while he was planning a tour to Balmoral. It was in 1946 that she accepted the proposal without telling her parents. After a year of engagement, the engagement was officially announced in July of 1947.
- Since 1936, the queen has studied law and constitutional history because she was interested in learning new things. Additionally, she has studied German and music at home and is fluent in French.
- Have you ever heard that Queen Elizabeth served in the military? Queen Elizabeth trained as a truck driver and mechanic before becoming queen, as she wanted to serve in World War II. She was the first royal member to serve in the military as a truck driver during World War II.
- The Queen has made a number of radio and television broadcasts over the years. She was just 14 years old when she made her first radio broadcast.
On Children’s Hour, she delivered a broadcast in 1940.
Her charismatic personality and dedication to public service make her one of the most famous monarchs. These facts about the Queen are really cool, aren’t they? Comment below and let us know what you think.